Fun at the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival!!!

What a blessing to be a part of the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine Team!!!  Not only do I get to write about what I love (photography, crafting, etc.), but I also get to hang with some of the most creative and fun people in this country and meet new ones!!

The fun started on Thursday with the arrival of this lovely lady who was teaching for Westcott for the weekend...  Jill Hildebrand :)


Jill is one of those friends that it feels like we've known each other FOREVER, but it's only really been since 2007 when she was one of the featured instructors on our Crop and Cruise Scrapbooking Cruise!!  And I'm not the only one to feel that way!!!  She "reconnected" with a few other Alberta friends from the past...


And met some new creative friends like Susan Weckhesser who is an amazingly talented designer that has recently joined our CS team and has her own whimsical line of papers from SusieBee Studios.  I figured Jill and Susan would hit it off as their style is very similar and both are simply beautiful ladies!!  Jill had a lot of fun giving away some of Susan's papers at the crop :)




This year I had the privilege of hosting the 2-day crop, running our infamous "photo booth" and teaching my Lights! Camera! Action! photo class!!!  Here are some of my favourite photos from the day... first my "students" having fun in our photo class...




And the fun in the photo booth...







But the photos that make me smile THE MOST are these...



Christy Riopel is a soul sista extraordinaire and although she has met Jill numerous times over the years, it simply warmed my heart to see the two of them getting a chance to really get to know each other this weekend... and THIS is the result...



Simply too much fun!!!!!!  And now, we get ready to do it all again next weekend in EDMONTON!!!  Be sure to make it out!!  All the details are at www.CanadianScrapbooker.ca under "The Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival".

3 comments:

jill said...

Hhmmmmm, first again. Do I ever work???
LOVE all the photos....it was such an AMAZING weekend. Thanks for EVERYTHING -- way too much to name in this little comment spot. LOVED getting to know everyone and finally meeting a lot of them. Felt great to see everyone from the past cruises too. Will definitely find another excuse to come to Calgary again. Or......you could ALL come this way?!?!?!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a blast!!! I love that!!

Quinoa Recipes said...

Great poost thankyou