Quit sharing!!!!

Have you ever told your kids to quit sharing???  Sadly... I found myself telling Justin that recently!!  But before you judge me, here's the story :)


This year in school, Justin and Lindsey got to play on the SAME soccer team!!!  I was thoroughly enjoying watching them get to play TOGETHER for the first time EVER!!!  

So it was the end of the season and their team had made it to finals and were going for GOLD!!!  It was a scoreless game and truth be known, I wanted us to WIN!!!  Now Justin and Lindsey are both great players, but Justin was playing... how do I say this... way too politely!!!!!  He had numerous scoring opportunities, but would instead pass the ball to someone else to "let them score"... but then it never materialized!  And so the game remained scoreless when I knew we could win.

So at half time when Justin came walking off the pitch, I pulled him aside and said, "Quit sharing the ball!!  Just go in there and score already and THEN you can go back to sharing!"

After the half time break, I was thrilled to see that coach put Justin and Lindsey on together as forwards and sure enough, Lindsey skillfully dribbled the ball up the field, passed it to Justin... 


who then deeked out a few players (notice it's 6 of them and 1 Justin) and patiently picked his spot in the corner to score...


Naturally the parents and the team went wild with cheering and congratulations while the goalie lay defeated...


... continued to lay defeated...


... and continued to lay defeated...


And I think this shot is my favourite of my two soccer stars running back together after scoring what ended up being the winning goal!!


So here's the victorious team holding the ever coveted banner (apparently these banners are "notches in the belt" for school gymnasiums!) 


And my two GOLD medal winners after the game :)


BTW... Justin did go back to politely "sharing" as it is in his nature (he's just like his father) while Lindsey continued to play in her typical "pitbull on Redbull" manner which she is known for (not at all like her mother!!!!).  All in all a super fun season!!!

2 comments:

jill said...

I never could actually put a finger on it (to describe you).....but "pitbull on Redbull" is perfect!!!! lol.
Congrats to Lindsey & Justin -- way to go!!! Wish I could have seen it.

Rosie said...

super exciting!!! Congrats!