Crop For Mexico Results!!!


So it was a most splendiferous day I must say!!! In March we did our second "Crop For Mexico" at Grace Baptist and the support for this fundraiser still brings tears to my eyes :)  Take a look at this BEAUTIFUL group of women who came out to give their generous support to help build a home for a needy family in Mexico this summer!!!  Want to know how much we raised??????  I'll tell you, but first this...


The talented Christy Riopel designed and taught this stunning canvas class for us... what I absolutely LOVE about Christy (besides the fact that she is simply a beautiful person with a beautiful heart), is that she can guide EVERYONE from beginner through expert into creating their OWN version of art with enough guidance to clearly show you the steps and techniques, but enough freedom to let you make it your own!!!  So needless to say, I'm loving my new canvas!!!

Kay, back to how much money we raised...  but first one more quick thing... while at the Crop For Mexico event, I was working on a layout for my "Life's BIG Little Lessons" article for the summer issue in Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine (simply the BEST magazine evah!!!) with my story from last year's trip to build a home in Mexico so here's a sneak peek of the layout that is now one of my most favourite (so watch for it in the next issue!)...


Okay, back to the Crop For Mexico Fundraising results... it's actually a neat "God Story"... so last year we raised exactly $7001 and I absolutely loved that extra $1 that put us there as it represented how important each and every $1 is!!!  So this year when all was said and done and my family was helping me count the $, the total came to $8997!!!!  I was ecstatic at the amount but kept thinking, if only we had a few more dollars to put us over $9000!!!  I even debated throwing in an extra $5 of my own money, but decided that I wanted to be true to the actual amount as we had last year and so I left it but for some reason didn't feel like I should announce it yet so I didn't.  No reason why, just felt that way.

So the next week I went to get the mail and lo and behold there was a card from Jennifer Reynard who had volunteered her time to help with the garage sale part of the event and inside was a $5 bill!!!  She had helped take a few extra supplies to the thrift store after the event and inside a binder her son had found the money!!!  She felt strongly that it needed to go towards the event as someone had donated the binder and so here is now our final total...

$9002

So that means not only did we raise enough to build one complete home ($6000), but half of the second one!!!!!  I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and am so anxious to introduce you to BOTH the families that will receive a new life because of the generosity of these women!!!  And it will be sheer joy for me to introduce the families to you as I will for sure take the top photo of all of you with me to show them!!!

So from the bottom of my heart... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! 

5 comments:

Dalena said...

This is awesome! So glad to have been a part of it; we had so much fun!

Jennifer Reynard said...

I am in tears after reading your blog. I had know idea the impact of the $5.00. God was obviously in charge!!
Thankyou for taking the time out of your busy life to organize the crop, donations, garage sale, and actually go to Mexico as part of the team.
You, your family and your church are a blessing to this world! :)

mjritchie said...

The Lord truly works in mysterious ways .... it was a beautiful day. Leonka and I both had a great time, Leonka made some awesome projects and so proud of her canvas. I am excited to me a little more comfortable with my camera. Thank you for letting us be part of the journey!

Kate said...

That is so absolutely heartwarming!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!! xox

Lynne Mizera said...

Allison... I can't believe it (well actually YES I CAN).. Congratulations on another successful event... I can't even WAIT for next year. Can you even imagine the ripple effect of this one little idea? You are, We are, I am.... MAKING A DIFFERENCE!