Back from Crop and Cruise!!!

From the hot tropical bliss in the Caribbean back to deepfreeze conditions in Canada (and a broken furnace!!!), but even that can't dampen the experience we just had with our lastest Crop and Cruise Scrapbooking Cruise for Canadians!!!  You can follow the main overview over the next few days on the www.CropandCruise.blogspot.com blog, but you will find some of my more personal photos and comments here :)
I'm going to start with how I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Brad is my "partner in crime" on these events... yes he is our gadget guy and videographer (and a greatly committed one at that!!!), but more important is how he simply supports all my crazy ideas, stands by me, calms me, gives me perspective and truly is my best friend...  I love that I can share my crazy adventures with him :)





Something that is ALWAYS a highlight for me doing these events is the new friends I get to make from all across Canada!!!  This photo is Kiki from Quebec, Betty and Mae from Nova Scotia and me and Kandi from Alberta!!   We had a ridiculously fun time exploring Grand Cayman Islands on our own using the public bus and WALKING the 7 mile beach!!
I'd have to say my favourite port experience was definitely Cozumel, Mexico which was so unexpected!!    I was doing an exclusive "Photo Field Trip" for those that wanted to play more with photography and we ended up with a limo ride touring the island thanks to Kiki who I'm convinced speaks every language known to earth!!!  And get this... only $20 per person for the entire day... including site seeing, access to a private beach club, snorkeling, and shopping!!!
I've never been in a limo before in my life so this was such a special treat... those who know me know how my heart was singing seeing this... everyone having fun AND taking pictures of it all :)
And some of my favourite photos were taken on this excursion... it's no wonder they called us the Paparazzi!!!!  Here's Kiki (who also needs credit for the above photos of Brad and I on the beach)...
And Sonja McLean (who I already knew was an amazing photographer) was pure JOY to have along and watching her take photos of others, for others, with others, warmed my heart!!!  I'm just so happy for all the memories forever captured through pictures... and a huge thanks goes to these two FEATURED INSTRUCTORS and very special ladies!!
I'm also super thankful that I didn't get sick on this trip nor did I dunk a camera!!!  So the result was pure joy being able to relax and enjoy the entire cruise like I've never been able to before... I have never been in my happy place so much in one week... check out some of my all-time favourite photos...





Hello sunset!!!!!!!!!  Sooooooooo fun!!!!!!
And then a few favourites of my guy Brad... there are lots of reasons I fell in love, but I must admit his eyes mesmerized me from the get go... LOVE LOVE these shots of him :)

And it's nice to get out from behind the camera every once in awhile and get into the photos :)  Brad is getting pretty good too at taking photos (think he's sat through my Lights! Camera! Action! class enough times for him to teach it!!!)  So we took turns...


And this one is again courtesy Sonja... LOVE LOVE that she shared her photography passion and kept insisting on grabbing my camera to shoot some of me and Brad...
And final "happy place" photo is of me actually scrapbooking... just for me... just for fun... with my friends... in a hot tropical location... because I could :)  
And that, my friends, is what Crop and Cruise is all about... the ultimate happy place experience shared with others :)  Here's to sharing it with some of you next time...

4 comments:

Cyndi Campbell said...

Allison, thanks so much for the experience of a life time and exposing me to life in the scrapbook and photography world. We learned so much and the instructors including you were awesome. So hello 2012. Can't wait.

Monique Conners said...

As always I LOVE reading your new posts!!! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of your great times on your trip!!! I look forward to joining you next time!!!

jill said...

Yeah.....you're back!!!!! Can't wait to chat on the phone. LOVE all the photos...sooooo much fun!!!! Oohhhhh...the memories!!!! Let's catch up soon.

Lisa Gouthro McLean said...

I need to sign up for the next cruise..are you doing one in 2011? When and WHERE?